- 193867 - Engineer Software 2
- $54 to $67.50 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Software 2 for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Seeking a Mid-Sr Level DevOps Engineer . The selected candidate will support system administration of multiple environments, software deployment, troubleshooting, and automation in an Agile / DevSecOps environment for a critical customer program.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Work on systems administration related issues with hardware and software for different network environments.
• Support deployment of custom software solutions integrating COTS, GOTS, and developed software.
• Propose system administration process improvement to reduce overall maintenance requirements by working with the design team and manufacturers.
• Determines systems requirements, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system configuration.
• Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies.
• Develops and recommends corrective actions.
• May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
• A minimum 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor's in Science; 7 years with a Master's; 4 years with a PhD
• CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification
• Experience with OpenStack
• Knowledge of DevSecOps principals
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Terraform
• Experience with Ansible
• Agile methodology experience
• Experience in Shell scripting – bash, ruby, perl
• Experience with automation
• Experience with Ground Satellite Software Systems
School must be accredited.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.