- 193880 - Manufacturing Technician 2
- $23 to $25.00 DOE
- 13 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician 2 for an opportunity in Beltsville, MD.
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments. Candidate will provide mechanical technician support for the manufacturing of integrated products in our structures assembly and layup area. Candidates will need to be mechanically skilled and highly experienced in assembly/bonding operations on complex space flight hardware using multiple adhesives. Candidates will be able to communicate well and have the ability and drive to learn quickly. This is a craftsmanship role and candidates must be conscientious and take pride in their work while demonstrating a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• HS diploma or equivalent (education will be verified)
• Minimum 2 years previous honeycomb panel fabrication or aerospace mechanical assembly experience.
• Strong mechanical aptitude to include the ability to read and interpret drawings
• Attention to detail with a focus on quality workmanship
• Familiar with hand tools and good math/geometry skills.
• Candidate must be able to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
• Operate equipment such as hand tools and power machinery for processing metals, composites and wood.
• Must work closely with lead technicians and supervisor to meet build requirements and schedules within allotted budgets.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Demonstrates high level of concern for safety of self and others.
• Willing to work flexible schedules as needed to meet delivery dates
• Computer skills including MS Word and Excel are a plus.
• Previous fabrication (honeycomb panel) experience in aerospace manufacturing environment.
• Experience preparing/mixing epoxy and silicone adhesives for mechanical and thermal component installation in honeycomb panels and aluminum skins.
• Experience handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and industry standards
Competencies for Success:
• Successful candidates will need to be a team player with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Ability to follow instructions, plan work, and manage time appropriately
• Ability to follow safety procedures
• Willing to work with a positive attitude
• Detail oriented
• Ability to be prompt for shift work
High School Diploma or equivalent.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Position is for 1st shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.