- 193941 - Engineer Mechanical 3
- $59.51 to $74.38 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Mechanical 3 for an opportunity in Elkton, MD.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems, with a focus on moderately complex materials (including energetics), structural components, and control systems for propulsion systems. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of propulsion systems (electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thrusters) for application in launch vehicles, missile systems, and space mission systems. Coordinate strategy for developing and leveraging multi-disciplinary design, optimization, and analysis processes to support mission requirements. Define and coordinate the conduct of testing required to evaluate design work. with limited supervision. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution. Document results of design activities and release results after review from other engineers.
• Performs design of one or more moderately complex or portions of structural components and functional systems.
• With limited supervision, applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of more complex components, structures, and sub-assemblies.
• Responds in a timely manner to all requests and explores all avenues within authority and makes appropriate referrals to other sources.
• Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving own work and/or group’s work.
• Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving own work and/or group’s work. Perform design, development, and/or analysis to support assigned projects.
• Establish requirements for materials, structural components, and functional systems.
• Release results as design data after review from other engineers.
• Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
• Develop original ideas on preliminary design concepts with other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
• Document results of design activities.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. 9 hours Mon-Thu and 8 hours every other Friday.
Core hours are 8-430. Allow some flex on either end to get a full 9 hours. This also assumes a 30 minute unpaid lunch, so additional flexibility.
While some remote work can be supported, onsite support will be required. Our site has everything from design, development, manufacturing and test.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.