- 193951 - Automation Technician
- Up to $30.80 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Automation Technician for an opening in Austin, TX
primary responsibility of this position is to support manufacturing with respect to automated and semi-automated equipment. This includes a variety of automated material handling, assembly, liquid dispensing, and packaging systems. Responsible for detailed communication with leaders about current state of automation related concerns. This also includes detailed communication with Engineering on future department needs. • Determines root cause of failures and problems with automation equipment
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a broad manufacturing base
• Troubleshoot & support various pieces of automation, some of which include: robots, printing (Pad/Screen/Offset/InkJet), vision systems, labelers, fluid dispensing system, and capping equipment
• Works with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & increase self-knowledge
• Works alongside engineering to solve component related issues and determine their long term effects on the automation process
• Support engineering with installation of improvements and new automation
• Coaches production associates and supports root cause troubleshooting
• Develop / modify procedures & training guidelines as needed for automation processes
• Read & modify electrical schematics as needed for automation equipment
• Designs, sketches & dimensions improvements to existing automation systems
• Tracks and helps maintain automation data (downtime, stops, scrap, etc) to support continuous improvement process. Uses PPI tools and Lean techniques to analyze data and improve processes
• Willingness and ability to support on weekends, as necessary
5+ years related automated equipment experience
• Must have a very broad electrical and mechanical background, including hands on experience with PLCs, robots, motion controls and associated programming software
• Professional Characteristics: Must have excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to convert to full time technician with right fit
Associate’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline
• Equivalent experience may be considered, but only with a demonstrated record of self-development and continuous learning.
Full-Time (Second Shift)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.