- 193965 - Technical writer
- CA-Central California
- Simi Valley
- $25 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking aTechnical Writer for an opening in Simi Valley, CA
First 2-4 weeks will be full time 40 hours. Thereafter, will be part time (avg. 20 hours/week) or on-call status when support with technical writing is needed.
Communicate with product designers and developers to understand product details. Collaborate with technical staff.
* Analyze and manage existing and potential content.
* Standardize product line manuals and customer documentation.
* Make high-quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use.
* Produce technical manuals to help end-users use a variety of applications
* 5-10 years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
* 5 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation
* Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
* Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
* Excellent written skills in English
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
* Background in engineering or computer science is a big plus
* Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
* Team player
* Good time-management skills
* Great interpersonal and communication skills
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.