- 194089 - Network Administrator
- Patuxent River
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Network Administrator for an opening in Patuxent River, MD
This role is for an experienced Network Administrator for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Patuxent River, MD supporting Development Test (DT).
• Providing customer service and technical assistance to users on operation, use, and maintenance of workstations and network equipment
• Provide tiered troubleshooting of IT systems and network equipment using network schematics, diagrams, and other documentation
• Support network expansion/migration and related IT projects
• Coordinating extranet equipment installations with enterprise and local communications facilities
• Develop, assess, and provide technical and administrative training and supervision to teammates and customers
• Develops processes/procedures, performs metrics collection and analysis
• Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
• Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage
• Network administrator experience with experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking
• Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations
• Have prior formal or informal team leadership experience
• Extensive ops and troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems and network hardware (e.g., Juniper/Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Net Optics taps)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze intrusion detection system networks
• Demonstrated experience installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment
• Ability to use network analysis tools (e.g., Wireshark) to assess network performance
• Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
• A willingness to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
Level 4: BS+11 YRS or MS+9 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.