- 194117 - Engineer Software Quality 2
- $44.79 to $76.90 DOE
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Software Quality 2 for an opportunity in Plymouth, MN.
Test embedded software applications to ensure that, through comprehensive testing, high quality software is developed and delivered and to ensure compliance to software requirements. Perform testing using a test station that consists of a rack of equipment (scopes, power supplies, function generator, DIO cards, etc., and using LabVIEW / TestStand for generating automated test procedures.
• Analyze and understand software requirements to generate a clear test plan and detailed test procedures
• Develop automated test using LabVIEW & various lab equipment
• Hold test readiness review and perform Formal Qualification Test (FQT) of real-time embedded software
• Concisely and accurately report technical details & status and document each phase of software test
• Generate clear and professional documentation; test plans, test descriptions and test reports
• Present test plans, status, and results at program technical reviews
• Follow and promote CMMI compliant software processes
Additional responsibilities may include software development:
• Design real time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP.
• Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer /Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with BS, or 2 years of experience with MS
• Familiarity with software Formal Qualification Test process and documentation
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
• Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with BS, or 7 years of experience with MS
• Minimum of 3 years of experience performing requirement testing of embedded software
• Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI Level 3 standard practices and lifecycle processes
• Experience developing embedded C/C++ software
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.