- 194126 - Quality Inspector
- $23 to $26.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Tuscon, AZ
Under supervision of the Sr. Manager,Operations Lead, Quality Inspector & Inventory Management Support will be responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks supporting the shipping, receiving, quality inspection, storing, distribution of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
• Accurate quality inspection.
• Ability to interpret Engineering drawings.
• Work closely and effectively with Engineering.
• Accurately compare and verify information across multiple documents.
• Fully proficient support individual contributor. Works under limited supervision.
Experience in Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) handling controls and performing solder inspection of circuit board assemblies.
• Proficiency in the use of inspection tools (i.e., height gauges, calipers, and microscopes).
• Demonstrated ability to work from blueprints, drawings, engineering documents, and manufacturing instructions.
• Must be able to determine hardware compliance using specifications and instructions.
• Prepares and maintains records of products being moved across the site.
• Receives incoming materials, unpacks, and checks goods received against applicable documents such as removal tags, routing tags, and goods issue documents.
• Verifies part number, quantity, and conformance of materials to stated identifications.
• Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
• Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, tow motors, forklifts, etc. upon receipt of internal certification.
• Experience with CostPoint preferred.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Follow up skills.
• PC skills in MS office, with Word and Excel formats.
High school diploma (or GED) is required; an Associate Degree is preferred.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.