- 194160 - Technical Editor and Writer 3
- Up to $82.65 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Editor and Writer 3 for an opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
We are looking for a motivated individual to fill the role of an Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) writer/developer. The IETM writer/developer fulfills customer IETM requirements for electronic systems, sensors, and radars. Duties for the position will include but not be limited to:
- Develops/updates descriptive and procedural IETM content for operation and maintenance, software, and theory of operation
- Conducts In-Process Reviews
- Travels as necessary to support IETM activities such as meetings, validation, and verification
- Interfaces effectively with program and customer personnel to accomplish IETM tasks
- Supports other program tasks when not performing IETM tasks
- Bachelor's degree and at least ten years' experience as a writer/architect/developer of XML technical data. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience and proficiency with authoring specifications, including: MIL-STD-40051-1, MIL-STD-2361C, and MIL-PRF-87268
- Experience and proficiency with Arbortext Epic Editor
- Experience with military radar systems, including: power distribution systems, environmental systems, RF circuits, digital circuits, and analog circuits
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, electronic schematic diagrams, and wiring diagrams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language, including technical language and terms associated with system operation and maintenance.
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, matrix (IPT) environment
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Able and willing to perform operation and maintenance tasks on equipment while developing, validating, and verifying technical manual content
- Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience in the operation and/or maintenance of military electronic sensors and systems
- Experience and proficiency with authoring specifications, including: MIL-STD-40051-2, MIL-STD-38784, MIL-HDBK-1221, MIL-PRF-87269A, MIL-STD-1840C, and S1000D
- Experience and proficiency with other authoring tools and applications, including FrameMaker and Interleaf/QuickSilver
- BS in a STEM field
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.