- 194164 - Gen Electro/Mech Assm Spec D
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Electrical-Electronic Assembly Specialist for an opening in Germantown, MD
Performs complex production assembly operations and inspections on electronic/electrical and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies. Performs rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies. Presents statistical data to team for analysis and problem resolution. Provides complex periodic maintenance on machines and tooling and complex machine set up tasks following machine inspection checklists. Coordinates with manager and other departments to coordinate work flow and resolve issues. Performs complex rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies. Assembles and delivers kits. Performs simple receiving and inspections procedures on incoming materials. Documents inspection results in accordance with applicable procedures. Coordinates with management or other departments to establish work priorities. Updates work status documentation. Works under minimal supervision.
• Performs complex rework, repair and modification to parts and assemblies (e.g. soldering on electronic assemblies 90% of the time and mechanical assemblies 10% of the time).
• Performs complex production assembly operations on electronic/electrical and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
• Coordinates with supervisor and other departments to coordinate work flow and resolve issues.
• Coordinates with supervisor to establish work priorities.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must have 5+ yrs experience soldering components on PC board assemblies
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
• More than 5 years of experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies.
• More than 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
• More than 5 years of experience performing soldering and electronics repair to the component level.
• More than 5 years of experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Current IPC-7711/IPC-7721 certification for Rework and Repair of Electronic Assemblies.
Competencies: Information Technology Fluency, General Shop Processes, Engineering Drawings & Specs, Assembly Tools, Assembly Process, Teamwork, Continuous Learning, Accountability and Responsibility, Continuous Improvement, Adaptability, Change Management, Certification & Qualification
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Successfully completing OJT is a contingency for this assignment
Position is onsite; no remote option
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.