- 194187 - Engineer CAD CAM 3
- $53.39 to $66.74 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer CAD CAM 3 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The Principal Designer/Checker will be responsible for checking drawing/design packages for proper content and to ensure compliance with applicable industry and military standards. Duties will include checking designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economy of fabrication. This includes review of tolerance analysis, hardware selection and fitment on assembly prints. The Principal Designer/Checker is a recognized expert in GD&T and will be called upon to resolve interpretation issues on drawings. Additional duties include verifying 3D models submitted to manufacturing utilizing Siemens NX 12.0 managed with Teamcenter. Responsibility will further include liaison with various engineering disciplines, Manufacturing, and Quality. Some vendor liaison will be required as well.
Additional responsibilities to include modeling fully defined components and assemblies efficiently using Siemens NX 12.0 managed with Teamcenter, and create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards.
1. Review mechanical drawings with appropriate personnel verifying completed work, checking dimensions, materials and quantities to be used.
2. Mechanical modeling using NX 12.0 managed with Teamcenter
3. Create/Revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME 3D modeling and drawing standards.
4. As requested, may supervise and direct the activities of staff.
5. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows and NX 9.0 as required.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately while under schedule pressure and exhibit a large degree of patience.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• 2 year Technical Degree in Drafting or Engineering and 10 years directly related experience or BS in Engineering and 7 years of related experience
• Must be experienced with geometric dimensioning and tolerating per ASME Y14.5M-2009. GDTP Professional Certification Preferred
• Must be experienced with weld design per AWS D17.1 and D1.1. AWS CWI certification Preferred.
• Experience working with DoD programs preferred
Associate's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.