- 194254 - Project Manager - Level lV
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- CA - Burbank
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Manager - Level lV for an opening in Remote, CA.
An application project manager understands the strategic objectives of the client and business users, provides technical project management, directs and manages project development from beginning to end, defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, as well as develop full scale project plans and communications documents.
Non-IT Project Managers plan, budget, monitor and report on the project with project management tools, sometimes pitching the idea of the project or being assigned to it once it?s already been approved. The project manager is the bridge between upper management and the teams tasked with the actual execution of the project. They make sure the scope of the project is sound, reporting regularly on the progress of the project and that it is staying on the approved schedule.
• Establish realistic goals and implement reliable project plans
• Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with WMTO standards, procedures, and guidelines
• Lead the project through the CSO review process
• Create and maintain project status report
• Develop project related communication related to status, risks and mitigation to key stakeholders on a weekly basis
• Work with Business Analyst and technical vendor to ensure distribution of tasks to project team members is being completed with high quality results on time and within budget
• Motivate team members to meet project goals and timelines by effectively carrying out their responsibilities
• Offer recommendations to satisfying business requirements throughout the duration of the project
• Manage every aspect of a project, including its planning, schedule, budget, communication, risk and issue assessment, and resourcing
• 5+ years’ experience managing highly complex projects
• 5+ years of experience in people and resource management
• Able to direct the operations of a project with a matrixed team
• Problem-solving skills: apply project management principles and methodologies in seeking solutions to project problems.
• Proven experience with conflict management
• Proven time management skills including schedule management and realistic goal setting
• Ability to manage a cross matrixed team including vendors and internal resources
• Experience with SCRUM/Agile framework
• PMP and/or Agile and/or Six Sigma certifications preferred
• Media & Entertainment experience preferred
• Kick-off Meeting & Presentation
• Project Plan
• Stakeholder Register
• Budget Tracker
• Training Plan
• Weekly Status Report
• QA & UAT Test Plans
• UAT Sign Off Communications
• Project Closure Documents including Lesson Learned Documentation
• Risk, Action, Issue and Decision (RAID) Log
• High Level Meeting Minutes (distributed after each meeting)
Plan and manage business projects, and make sure they are completed on time, meet the needs of the client and stay within budget.
Determine what the client or company wants to achieve.
Create timelines; and determine costs and resources needed.
Generate a detailed plan and schedule for each stage of the project.
Provide direction and coaching on project specific tasks.
Select supporting staff and lead a project team.
Negotiate with contractors and suppliers for materials and/or services.
Ensure that each stage is progressing on time, on budget and to the processes and quality standards of the company.
Develop & implement processes for PM teams to complete activities to current policies and practices; keep documentation organized; identify process improvements.
Manage team to create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Report the project progress to senior managers and the client.
Manage risks and manage to avoid delays.
• Bachelor’s degree in project management or a related discipline.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.