- 194326 - Software Engineer 4
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 4 for an opening in Jacksonville, FL.
• Develop P-8 vehicle simulation trainer software in an agile software development environment.
• Test Integrate both object-oriented software designs and non-object-oriented designs as appropriate to the feature being developed.
• Work closely with Systems Engineering, Test, and Integration teams to translate high level system and software requirements into low level software requirements.
• Clearly communicate technical information to other engineers and to management.
• Understand and execute within the boundaries of budget and schedule demands.
• Lead process design and implementation peer reviews and provide constructive feedback to drive high quality deliverable software.
• Serve as the lead engineer on projects as assigned and manage related project activity.
• Key Contributor to team shared process and “how to” documentation on the team wiki or other venue.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• Real-time operating systems and development of real-time software
• Windows and Linux/Red Hat based Software/Simulation Model Development
• Extensive Professional experience with C, C#, C++, Python, Java, scripting languages, Git, and MS Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code
• Tactical communication networks simulation, programming, and services is a plus
• Automated testing and/or continuous integration is a plus
• Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other agile development experience (e.g. VersionOne)
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Limited travel may be required depending on the job assignment.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.