- 194456 - Systems Engineer 3
- Warner Robins
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for an opening in Warner Robins, GA.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
o Support team lead and team with EDRS development, implementation, and sustainment of the Engineering Disposition Repository Systems (EDRS). Effort involves the mapping, development, and across a minimum of 3 unique data systems.
o Support the definition, documentation, mapping, integration, and conflict resolution of various system architectures to achieve contract requirements, develop & implement related metrics, define & report performance to plan, and assure development, system and sustainment deliverables are on-time and meet customer expectations;
o Initial priority includes ensuring Depot based client GOLDesp and USAF AutoTAR (202) systems contain minimum key engineering attributes that meet USAF SOW requirements. This will also require the identification and mitigation of "firewall"/accessibility constraints. This effort will require frequent interaction with system "gatekeepers" and programming personnel;
o Position requires the establishment and strong rapport with client Common system teams and USG AutoTAR support groups;
o Role requires frequent interaction, teamwork, and coordination with the Delegation of Engineering Authority (DEA) group detailing issues, options, and consistent/frequent engagement with Information Technology/Programmer effort during EDRS development and subsequent sustainment phases;
o Support frequent EDRS information briefs across the broader C-17 engineering organization; including Integrity Program leads, Cognizant engineers, and
Functional Engineering Managers (FEM).
o Once EDRS system is implemented, position will ensure focused system sustainment and will assist in the collection, evaluation and trending of engineering products and analyses in support of program wide deliverables (CDRL's), programmatic reports & reviews, formal assessments, and corrective action efforts;
o Responsive and frequent interaction with/for data inquiries/reports and potential access issues identified by C-17 USAF/FMS SPO Engineering personnel and leadership - customer focused imperative;
o Support C-17 DEA engineers, DEA Designated Trainers, Functional engineering Managers (FEM) and external data system managers to ensure processes, check lists, and EDRS data system contain key engineering attributes enabling an efficient method for data trending and performance reporting (Including formal Contract deliverables);
o Support efforts to facilitate EDRS system and process awareness across all C-17 Sustainment environments (Operational, Depot, Repair & Overhaul, and Build) to enable performance monitoring and process/system standardization;
o Support recurrent internal and/or external EDRS development updates. Post EDRS system deployment/ implementation, provide recurrent internal and external updates on system functionality with a prime focus on user-based improvement initiatives;
o Maintain strong technical networking and collaboration with on-site and broader C-17 System Engineering & Sustainment Engineering team.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study in systems engineering, engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or other technical/engineering fields of study;
• 6 years of experience in the application of systems engineering, system of system design/implementation, process/specification development/sustainment, Process Based Management (Performance & Metrics), and/or customer facing performance/reporting roles;
• 2+ years of experience with data system navigation, applying methodologies using key fields/attributes in support of data mining, performance trending, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), and/or Risk Issues & Opportunities (RIO);
• 2+ years of experience in developing processes, procedures, and functional requirements that support, emulate, characterize, and/or define automated system architecture, requirements and/or operations;
• Ability to confidently perform and communicate across multiple engineering functions/roles;
• Ability to adapt and use multiple data systems with the expressed result of developing and providing professional level trend and performance reports and presentations;
• Developed oral & presentation skills required - Position requires interface/engagement with USAF and FMS Engineers, Operational Command personnel, and Regulatory/Airworthiness groups at all levels;
• Self-motivated, driven, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
Experience navigating, developing and implementing single point data systems that enable trending of engineering products
• 3 years of C-17 Program and Engineering experience (Systems, Design, Process, Test, Liaison, other technical engineering roles, and/or program/project management experience);
• 2+ years of experience working within or accessing Non-Conformance data systems such as VECTOR, GOLDesp (or previous MES system), and/or USAF AutoTAR
• Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) development/application awareness and/or formal System Engineering training/certification (USAF Systems Engineering or Life Cycle Management Plan experience also applicable);
• Familiar with USAF processes, regulations and protocols;
• Awareness and experience with USAF 63-1201, 1202 and/or Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) polices, guidelines and /or regulations (equivalent/similar Commercial/FAA applications included);
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.