- 196224 - MP&P Technical Analyst 5
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a MP&P Technical Analyst 5 for an opening in Kent, WA.
• Works from preliminary and released design drawings, detailed procedures, test specifications, manufacturing planning, oral and written instructions, often from incomplete specifications, to determine the most appropriate method to correlate assembly, process and test procedures to fabricate mechanisms to exacting tolerances. Develops and charts complete sequences of operations. Initiates planning change requests to recommend improvements in the fabrication and assembly process.
• Determines sequences and methods, lays out, constructs, lubricates, assembles, checks and troubleshoots precision developmental, production mechanical and electro-mechanical mechanisms for spacecraft applications.
• Performs all required inspections and manufacturing tests and resolves problems encountered during such inspections and tests. Diagnoses malfunctions and part discrepancies and makes necessary corrections or modifications. Prepares mechanisms for engineering tests, improves equipment modifications as directed.
• Operates all shop equipment such as measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, drop and dial indicators), mechanical and electronic height gauges, sine plates, concentricity instruments, microscopes and precision cleaning and weighing equipment. Also utilizes various harness, wiring, and connector assembly tools such as crimpers, wire strippers, pin retention, tensile strength pull tester. Will also utilize various testing equipment to include test consoles, multi-meters, lasers for in-process testing.
• Performs all required bonding operations and thermal processes using exotic materials, liquids and gases. Will also perform basic soldering jobs to include wire splicing, wire grounding and
• Performs high precision measurements, calculations, and records data. Must possess solid math skills and have an understanding of geometry and trigonometry in order to adequately perform good calculations for shimming and component stack ups during gimbal assembly
• Performs work in a clean room environment
• Analytical Skills (Technical)
• Design Concepts & Techniques
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Flight line experience with an A&P license would be a plus.
Experience with space hardware. This would include mechanical assembly, electrical, and other space related activities.
Accredited advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+7 years' related work experience, 11 years' related work experience, etc.).
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.