- 196229 - Engineering Technician A/B (R&D Technician/Technologist)
- CA-Central California
- San Leandro
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician A/B (R&D Technician/Technologist) for an opening in San Leandro, CA
Work with engineers and scientists with the design, production, testing and installation of X-ray Generators, Digital Imaging, Pulse Power equipment, and associated controls systems. This includes both hardware and software aspects of x-ray generation and imaging systems. This is an entry-level position, where candidate works under direct supervision. Substantial use and application of basic principles, theories and concepts. Develops solutions to routine and non-routine technical problems of limited scope. Follows instructions that may not be detailed. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, engineers, and scientists.
1. Works in an industrial environment building, testing high-voltage electrical equipment
2. Read and Interpret engineering drawings to build or modify hardware
3. Assembles electromechanical, electrical, and mechanical products including wiring and cabling from schematics
4. Builds and repairs electrical cabling and wire harnesses
5. After training, Operate X-ray producing equipment on inert, industrial samples
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Three to five years or more experience in a R&D environment working on electrical and electronics, and a HS Diploma/GED are required.
• Basic knowledge of electrical circuits, ionization radiation, and high voltage
• Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Excel, etc.
• Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Willingness to meet customer needs and ability to multitask and prioritize
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• Physical abilities: use of arms, hands and fingers; lift carry; focus on objects within 20 inches; shift focus and must be able to distinguish colors as needed to perform assigned experiments.
HS Diploma/GED are required, 2 years of post-secondary/associate degree a plus
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.