- 196237 - Assembler I
- SC-South Carolina
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler I for an opening in Charleston, SC.
- Follow standard work instructions to assemble fabricated parts at designated floor station within Manufacturing.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble units in accordance with product specifications.
- Ensure units are tested and identify any failed tests, tolerance levels, and/or repairs as necessary.
- Move completed components or assembly to designated areas.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow plant regulations and safety rules. Report potential safety hazards and all accidents to supervisor. Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- During the assembly process, visually check and inspect work to ensure proper quality. Use test equipment, gauges or scales as required. Perform all adjustments, rework and repairs as necessary. Promptly notify supervisor of defective material. Follow NCMR procedures. Participate in team quality problem solving activities as required.
- Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required. Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow. Evaluate and recommend alternative solutions of assembly issues or problems to supervisor.
- Fill out required documents and records necessary to support quality, production levels, and product identification. Document and/or chart production data where specified to aid in problem identification, quality feedback, and production scheduling.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- 0 - 2 years or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills in addition to being familiar with the use of charts, tables, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience with the use of adjustable measuring instruments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented and solid organizational skills.
Product Skill Set:
- Clamps and Easy Kits
- Armboards, Carts, and Life Pole
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.