- 197085 - Engineer Quality 1
- $46.76 to $58.45 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Quality 1 for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
• Reduce the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) by identifying actionable trends and work within the assigned Work Center(s) to drive improvements with the end goal of reducing the number of Non-conformances
• Review nonconformance reports for data accuracy.
• Understand technical and Mission Assurance (MA) requirements and ensure these requirements are integrated into specifications and product drawings.
• Provide information in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations.
• Support Mission Assurance at different review boards such as a Corrective Action Boards (CAB), & Material Review Boards (MRB).
• Provide tracking and reporting metrics and provide support for internal and external MA briefings.
• Support root cause and problem solving analysis.
• Assist in monitoring the COPQ for systemic issues and make recommendations for Corrective Actions.
• Ensure approved tasks from Nonconforming Reports, Material Review Boards (MRBs) and Failure Review Boards (FRBs) are completed expeditiously.
• Reviews, designs and analyzes manufacturing, integration, inspection and testing processes and work instructions.
• Must have a BS in a STEM Discipline (preferably Engineering)
• 1-4 years of experience in a space/aerospace environment within Safety and Mission Assurance (or Quality Assurance), or 0 years with a Masters
• Become the expert in the nonconformance flow and each factor of the nonconformance process
• Understand and assimilate large amounts of complex data, simplifying it for appropriate actions and communication.
• Provide problem solving approaches that are sensitive to and effective within a wide variety of cultural frames of reference, value systems and business practices.
• Work within the manufacturing and spacecraft integration process to support nonconformance resolution and proper Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation.
• Assist in development of effective yet practical solutions, and eliminate organizational obstacles for implementing positive corrective actions.
• Successfully interact with different levels in the organization to drive nonconformance investigations and resolutions effectively and efficiently
• Work within the configuration management process to ensure processes exist and identify processes that need to be created or improved.
• Six Sigma/Lean training
• ASQ certifications relevant to the position
• SharePoint forms and workflows
• Excel Pivot Tables and Power Query
• Working knowledge of J-STD/NASA workmanship specifications, with regard to Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), Harness and Space System Integration.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. First shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.