- 197096 - Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor
- Danfoss Hydraulics Division is currently seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join their team. This position is based at the Shawnee, OK location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for leading, facilitating and coordinating the engineering activities and resources per established practices and/or policies within the job area to ensure quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations while keeping safety first. In this role, you will establish and maintains a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Danfoss's Values, Ethics, and Philosophies. Additionally, the Supervisor clearly communicates expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
In this function you will:
- Coordinate manufacturing and machinery feasibility of new or existing products and implement cost effective machining methods.
- Estimate manufacturing costs of new products, including procurement of CNC machinery, tooling, and gaging.
- Develop and establish metal cutting machinery processes including programming CNC machines, establish routing, and provide detailed operation instruction documents for machined parts.
- Direct the procurement of specialized machine tools and gages by evaluating design concepts, initiating full orders, justifying expenditures and submitting capital appropriation requests.
- Coordinate and direct CNC machine selection and cost justification. Interview suppliers, perform machine run offs, and approve machining capability of new capital equipment.
- Implement changes and improvements in machine tooling, gaging, and inspection methods to produce a higher quality product.
- Analyze machining problems and provide solutions to improve processing methods, i.e.., cost reduction, scrap reduction and productivity improvements.
- Participate in design review of product drawing, making suggested changes when needed
- Provide input in product growth strategy.
- New product launches.
- Develop engineers and coach for success
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering supervisory experience.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced technical knowledge of CNC machining, tooling, tool design, and gaging for metal cutting applications.
- CNC programming knowledge and experience with various controls for metal cutting applications
Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, coolants, lubricants, inspection and quality requirements.
Advanced knowledge of machine speeds and feeds, metal properties, and high precision tolerances Position Success Criteria:
- Accountable and action-oriented; ability to drive change and business results
- Ability to influence and partner with stakeholders independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with all organizational levels.
- Strong facilitation/coaching skills We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.