- 197690 - Senior Software Engineer
- CA-Central California
- $86 to $94.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA
This position is 100% onsite.
Under general direction of the Associate Manager Software Engineering, this position develops and applies advanced software engineering methods in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems power system architectures and power conversion equipment. The Senior Software Engineer shall lead software engineer team to support for all stages of product development from design through implementation and system integration under minimal supervision.
1. Lead development of software design and architectures for new products.
2. Interpret customer specification to define requirements for software design.
3. Provide software technical leadership for the software team.
4. Perform requirement analysis and software coverage analysis for software code base.
5. Compose software use case and review test procedures for validation and verification of software development.
6. Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
7. Reviews project progress and helps in earned value reporting. Recommends corrections in technical approach to maximize efficiency of engineering resources.
8. Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
9. Provides expert guidance with a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
10. Coordinate directions from Project and/or System Engineering Department Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Experience in development and releasing military grade software product, preferred.
2. Must have design familiarity with control systems and power conversion concepts.
3. Knowledge of power electronics and analog circuits, a plus.
4. Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers, Control System Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
5. Expertise in embedded real-time systems design.
6. Experienced in object and service-based software architectures, a plus.
7. Experience in digital signal processing, machine to machine communications, and fiber optics based communications subsystems, a plus.
8. Experienced in embedded C and C++ programming. Knowledge of Python is beneficial.
9. Knowledge in C++ compiling process, understand sufficiently in intermediary and linker output files.
10. Expertise with communication protocols, such as RS-232, RS-485, and Ethernet.
11. Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and minimum 6 years of experience in design and analysis of systems software for power conversion equipment. Master of Science or advanced degree preferred.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.