- 199176 - Subcontract Specialist 3/Supply Chain
- $48.53 to $60.67 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist for a contract opportunity in Aurora, CO.
• Sources and procures specialized goods and services
• Owns contractual management for the supplier
• Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases
• Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts
• In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules
• Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
• Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities
• Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded
• Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers
• Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
6+ years’ of Supply Chain Subcontracts experience or 4+ years’ of Supply Chain Subcontracts experience with a Master’s
Bachelor's degree or master's degree.
School must be accredited.
9/80 Schedule, On-site
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.