- 200154 - Engineer Embedded Software 2
- $45 to $56.25 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking multiple Embedded Software Engineer 2's for a contract opportunity in Melbourne, FL.
The Principal Software Engineer will assist with static code analysis, COTS tool maintenance, and tools development. The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of an ambiguous hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment. The Principal Software Engineer will interact with Program Management and the development team. Therefore excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. A Solid experience in Python, Relational databases, object oriented analysis and design, in a Linux environment is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience in software engineering OR
• Master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of experience in software engineering OR
• PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 0 year of experience in software engineering
• Experience developing software/writing code in Python and C++
• Experience in object oriented analysis and design
• Experience with using Parsers and Compilers
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
• Experience with customizing COTS software in vendor specific languages
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.