- 200824 - Quality Engineer
- $33.6 to $39.64 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing quality control/quality assurance support to the assigned program and/or area. This position plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials and products. - Ensures that the product is built in accordance with customer and divisional quality requirements while maintaining industrial processes, materials and production flow. - Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources which includes work with the leadership group to provide resolution. - Recommends or implements the appropriate corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area, with the aid of engineering, purchasing, etc. - Reviews all documentation related to product quality in the assigned area, such as test procedures and operation sheets and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality. - Generates or implements defect-reduction activities. - Writes and/or assists cross functional teams with quality plan, procedures, PFMEA’s, control plans, etc. - Defines, develops and maintains whether the incoming inspection is required on incoming materials. Creates and maintains incoming inspection work instructions. - Evaluates and transacts nonconforming material and initiates supplier containment and corrective actions. Documents quality issues and trends/establishes prioritized improvements and best business practices. - Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources which includes working with the leadership group to provide resolution. - Writes and/or assists cross functional teams with quality plan, procedures, PFMEA’s, control plans, etc. - Defines, develops and maintains whether the incoming inspection is required on incoming materials. Creates and maintains incoming inspection work instructions. - Evaluates and transacts nonconforming material and initiates supplier containment and corrective actions. Documents quality issues and trends/establishes prioritized improvement plans. - Notifies management of nonconforming product. Monitors and removes suppliers from containment. - Responsible for creating/approving service part quality standards and boundary samples. - Ensures that process changes meet customer requirements. Responsible for updating quality documentation and completing required documentation for customer approval. - Responsible for identifying/maintaining appearance master samples. - Responsible for selecting appropriate process controls, defining requirements for data collection, analysis and corrective action. - Ensure compliance with company rules and policies. - Participates in internal and external audits as assigned. - Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards. - Knowledgeable of ISO, QS, TS and BOS standards. - Other job duties and special projects are required. - Actively supports plant safety efforts through departmental participation in safety meetings and safety walks. - Engages in safe practices as well as follows and enforces safety rules and job rotations. - Must be willing to report unsafe conditions, reporting unsafe acts, participating in safety/ergonomic committees, participating in safety Kaizen events, participating in Blue Sky initiatives, participating in safety audits and safety observation feedback events. - Assist the plant in achieving safety goals and maintaining Safe Workplace and Environmental and Sustainability objectives. - Initiate timely investigations of all reported incidents/accidents and injuries for the department and completion of 8D’s (including the 5 Why’s, root cause, containment and corrective action). May assist other departments with this process as well. - Attend required training and participation in safety and ergonomic meetings as assigned. - Conduct Monthly Safety Inspections as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: - Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related experience. Related experience, training, education or some combination of all three may be considered. - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effective and professional communication and organizational skills. - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Basic Trigonometry is required to calculate some dimensions not listed on drawing. - Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Must have the ability to apply the above to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. - Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs.
- Ability to create visual aids for communication purposes. PC based software knowledge must include, spreadsheet and email based systems. Must be able to read blueprints.
- The Physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an worker to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The facility is a manufacturing/assembly facility. The noise level and temperature in the work environment are usually moderate but may vary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • Quality engineering experience in the Automotive Industry.
• Certified Six Sigma black belt or green belt. • Experience with ISO, TS or other Quality Management System.
• ASQ Certifications: CMI, CQT, CQE, CQA and CRE.
• Good knowledge of Minitab, 8D problem solving, SPC, Process Flow, Control Plan and PFMEA.
• College degree or combined equivalent education and experience.
• Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
• Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.