- 200963 - Inventory Control Coordinator
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $19.25 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Inventory Control Coordinator for a contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CA.
• Efficiently manage stock inventory to ensure quick and accurate accessibility
• Safeguard against loss of materials and enforce to corrective action protocol for lost materials
• Ensure accurate and timely transaction of material movements, ensuring optimal use of all team resources and tools
• Support the continuous improvement of all related processes for materials movements, transaction execution, and inventory accuracy
• Perform routine bin checks
• Ensure inventory accuracy by applying Standard Operating Procedures as well as correcting previous errors in inventory organization to ensure all inventory is correctly stored
• Adhere to Thermo fisher Scientific’s culture of performing the task correctly the first time, emphasizing continual improvement, and a embracing a team-oriented approach
• Participate in problem solving teams to address problems as they arise. Actively contribute to inter-team and inter-departmental problem-solving teams
• Adhere to all safety and quality standards established in process documentation
• Ensure safe working environment and adhere to all relevant safety practices
• Identify potential issues in a process; report findings to team management and participate in troubleshooting and resolution process
• Participate in proactive and effective communication within the team
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have basic computer knowledge of MS suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• At least two years of experience in inventory management preferred
• Experience using ERP or related inventory management system
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Attention to detail given repetitive nature of job responsibilities
• Tenacity to be efficient and work well
• Ability to suggest innovative solutions to reoccurring issues to streamline inventory management
• Consistent, dependable and reliable
• Excellent documentation skills
• Self-motivated to excel and contribute to the value of the team as a whole
• Proactive approach that anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
• High School education or GED equivalent (college degree in relevant field preferred)
WORK HOURS: 6 AM – 5 PM (so more of a 1st shift/business hours role)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.